Urban Alarm is seeking a key member of our team to lead the installation of intrusion alarm, video surveillance, access control, and other electronic security systems for high-end residential and small commercial customer. Take a hands on lead in the installation of systems managing assistant technicians and other installation resources. Design and program systems with support from company engineering.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead installation of intrusion alarm, IP video surveillance, and access control systems
- Act as primary point of contact on site for customer and customer representatives
- Prepare for installations by reviewing installation orders and gathering equipment, supplies, and tools
- Plan security systems installations by surveying and evaluating location, identifying alarm installation requirements, and laying-out equipment and wiring plan
- Establish security alarm system by installing equipment, running and pulling wiring, programming and calibrating equipment, as well as adhering to codes, regulations, and standards
- Verify security/fire alarm system functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals as well as identify and correct problems
- Maintain records by documenting installation
- Maintain customer rapport by resolving concerns and answering questions
- Maintain safe and secure work environment by following safe practices and keeping security information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications and working with demonstration products
- Opportunity for training and professional development on Commercial Fire Alarm Systems
- Serve in on-call role approximately one week every 4 to 8 weeks
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Expertise to work with variety of electronic security systems including DMP, Avigilon IP Video, Brivo Access Control, GE/ITI, DSC, Honeywell, and Videofied
- Knowledge of basic network concepts and firewall configuration (e.g., NAT rules)
- Effective at working through system design challenges and managing internal and external resources
- Expertise installing electronic locking devices
- NICET I or II Certification valued
- Demonstrated ability to program security alarm panels (Urban Alarm will provide training and certification on DMP and other company used systems)
Urban Alarm is a leading full service security and life safety integrator in Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia providing intrusion alarm, commercial fire alarm, video surveillance, access control, mobile patrol and remote video monitoring.
With a decade in the industry and significant growth every year Urban Alarm provides services for a variety of DC metro customers from your local coffee shop and bookstore to the US Chamber of Commerce, Alarm.com’s corporate headquarters, schools, embassies, and construction companies throughout the region. Collaborate with our team of about 30 experts utilizing the latest in management, sales, security, and life safety technologies and practices.
Urban Alarm works with leading life safety and security systems manufacturers including DMP, Potter IPA, Avigilon, Mobotix, Brivo, and Stentofon.
Benefits of Working with Urban Alarm
Urban Alarm is a collaborative team environment where you have the opportunity to support a variety of customers in the community with diverse projects. We have grown every year for the past decade and continue to grow offering unique opportunities for career advancements and development of knowledge and skills.
Urban Alarm works day to day with leading technologies for project management and collaboration including Google Suite, Bluebeam, Slack, mobile apps for work management, and web dashboards for company and project status.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Company contribution to health insurance
- 401k with Company Contribution
- Company vehicle
- 529 Plan, Disability and Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, and other benefits
- Company provided cellphone
- Employee owned tool allowance and advance
- Training opportunities and licensing support are available in all areas as we are committed to the professional growth of our employees.